Récylum Sustainable Light Trophy rewards eco-responsible installations
Every year, by promoting sustainable projects, the Festival of Lights makes good on its pledge to make artists and visitors alike aware that illuminating the city's magnificent heritage is compatible with an eco-responsible attitude.
This trophy recognizes the installation that best combines creativity, innovation, and sustainability. It is awarded by the City of Lyon in partnership with Recylum, a non-profit environmental organization that collects and recycles used light bulbs in France. Eight eco-friendly installations have been short-listed for the prize.
From December 7 until December 10 at 5 p.m. you will be able to vote for your favourite “green” light installation and participate in a draw to win a gift voucher which entitles you to a break for two in one of France’s 480 floating or tree cabins.
- Les Pikooks, Christophe Martine (Place de la République)
- Ephémère, Erik Barray (Cour d’honneur de l’Hôtel de Ville)
- Luminex, Philippe Morvan (Place de la Bourse)
- Rugby Pass Path, Rémi Brun (Place de la Paix)
- La pelleteuse aquarium, Benedetto Bufalino (Rue Président Carnot)
- Un Monde Nouveau, Gérard Torres (Rue de Lorette)
- Stratum, Cheval vert (Place du Griffon)
- Mètre, Stéphane Durand / Patrick Laurino (Jardin de l’Eglise Saint-Bonaventure)