At the start of the 17th c., the Order of the Visitation occupied the Couvent Sainte Marie des Chaînes. This convent was taken over by the Army in 1807 and converted in 1841 to make bread until 1995 and to roast coffee until 1960.
The only vestige, the bakery, was transformed into a 120-seat venue, renovated from 1999 to 2001 by Denis Eyraud. The School of Fine Arts has been established there since March 2007.
Source : Office du Tourisme et des Congrès du Grand Lyon