Palais de Bondy

Palais de Bondy, Lyon 5

The Palais de Bondy was built between 1902 and 1904 on the former site of the Jeu de Paume, where it is rumoured that Molière, who lived in Lyon around 1650, wrote and played "The Bungler" (L'étourdi) for the first time. This is why the name of the celebrated playwright has been given to the theatre in the Palais de Bondy – the Salle Molière – which is renowned for its excellent acoustics and mainly used for chamber music recitals. The Théâtre de Guignol puppet theatre is on the Rue Louis-Carrand side, whilst the first floor features a series of exhibition rooms, mainly dedicated to art.