The Town Hall was built in 1646. Destroyed by fire in 1674, it was rebuilt during the early 18th century by Jules Hardouin-Mansart, the architect of the palace of Versailles. Damaged in 1793 after the French Revolution, it was restored in the 19th century. The equestrian statue of 1827 representing Henry IV still adorns its facade.
Source: Lyon History Museum - Musées Gadagne • To learn more